View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
So my point is not that you should choose a legacy over someone who honestly better meets the objective criteria for membership. It is that you should consider legacy status to be more important than some of the subjective stuff which really doesn't tell you much about how good a member the woman will turn out to be.
I don't think legacy status tells you how good a member a woman will turn out to be either...see honeychile's story. And even if the legacy is someone who wants to pledge, there's no guarantee she won't turn out to be a giant waste of space. I realize there are a lot more "just members" in large chapters - women who never hold office or do anything more than the minimum - but if you keep pledging legacies just because they're legacies, and don't take into account things you take into account w/ other rushees (like personality or grades or involvement) eventually you might end up with a whole chapter full of 100 "just members" and no one with leadership qualities.

Please don't think I'm saying all legacies are like this - far from it - but the thing is, I think I would hate to be chosen for something just because of who my mother or sister was, if someone didn't really want me or I didn't measure up.