View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 03:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
But the point is, when the pledge periods were longer, you had more time to do all that. I did all that in 6 weeks, but I also had a chapter of 35. There's no way I would recommend that program in that time to an aporeciably larger chapter. That's part of what sororities are supposed to be teaching women: to think critically and take responsibility for your actions. If your chapter doubles in size and the majority of women have issues completing your program or making grades, that's a sign that you need to change up your program. If there's pushback, you need to be able to explain why you're changing and ask for ideas, help and support. As far as the jerk sister, that's why you have a pledgemistress. She's there to run interference. Again, if the majority of pledges have an issue, it can be ascertained with critical thinking that the sister is the problem.

We were founded in some cases by women of 15 or 16 who had remarkable foresight and courage. And ironically, now we're infantilizing 19-20 year olds because we don't think they can they can think.
This!