View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Last year (May 2007-April 2008), I lived in an apartment that I affectionately call the "water log". The place flooded 7 times for 7 different reasons in the barely 11 months I lived there. The last flood (& the one where I told the landlord to shove it) happened because our water heater busted. The water heater was right next to my bedroom so all of my stuff was undoubtedly ruined, my computer fried (thank gosh I had renter's insurance). The water also spread all over the apartment, so my roomie's stuff was also ruined. The apartment complex made the decision NOT to call myself or my roommate and when I got home I saw the water extractor and just knew my unit had flooded again. The landlord came running out of the office (& by now, knew us by name), called me over and told me. She also said she would refund the entire months rent & our full security deposit without a walk through.

Either way, when they come in to take care of the water problem they make a huge mess & then just leave. I was so mad I was in tears. I called one of my pledge brothers, told her that the place had flooded again and she came right over. She brought me food, gave me a key to her apartment, and loaded up a bunch of my stuff in her car. She opened her home to me and let me sleep on her couch, eat her food, etc for about 4 days. She also stored about 20 boxes of my stuff at her place for almost 2 weeks.

I reserved another apartment (far far away from the water log) in January, so I just had to call them and move up my move in date. I would not have been able to handle that last flood without her. She really was my saving grace.