View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 2:
I didn’t feel the need to ‘test’ the sororities as I had the day before, so I wore a cute summer dress and some makeup for round 2. Looking good, feeling good?

As to getting back my list, I’d told myself as long as I had Rourke, everything was going to be okay. It’s not like I had imagined myself in a sorority growing up, so why should I be nervous? Not getting into a sorority wouldn’t be the end of the world, like some of the PNMs seemed to think it would be.

When I got my list, it looked something like this:
Rourke
Break
Break
Break
Sweet
Milo

Ohhh, thank goodness, I had Rourke! Glee shot through my system to see that name at the very top of my list. But wait...why did I have so many breaks? Did everyone else have this many breaks? The answer was, no, most of the girls in my recruitment group had been invited back to more than three chapters. My heart sank. I had gotten rid of two of my bottom three, I had two chapters I liked on there (one I was debatably in love with), and I was willing to give Milo another chance, but it still hurt. What had I done wrong? How come they didn’t like me? But looking back, it made my decision a lot easier for Pref, and after reading my round 1 stories, I don’t think anyone’s surprised. My round 1 was by no means the recruitment of little girls’ dreams! It was time to pull myself together for my first party of the day.

Ah yes, here I was, back at my beloved Rourke. It seemed fitting to have them as my first party of round 2 as they'd been my first party of round 1. Meant to be and all that. The active I was paired with was a sweet, friendly soul, and we got along well. The conversation was smooth, everything was perfect, and then I happened to mention a competition I’d participated in. "Oh!" Rourke #1 cried. "You have to meet one of my sisters. I think she competed in that same competition!" I was surprised, but that was cool. It meant that somebody else shared one of my interests at least. I didn’t actually expect the active to go out of her way to track down that sister, and have us meet. Recognition struck: ah yes, I sorta remembered her. She was experienced and elite, and I was some newborn duckling who didn’t know my left foot from my right foot in comparison. The conversation...went downhill pretty fast after my competitor had been inserted in. Rourke #1, to her credit, tried to save it, but the damage had been done. I still loved Rourke, and I didn’t have any ill feelings against the active I’d competed with, but I had a bad feeling in my gut. I just hoped they still liked me as much as I liked them.

The breaks were awful, because they kept us in this one room with food and drinks and we couldn’t leave until we had visited all the chapters on our list. So there I sat, waiting. Watching the minutes tick by, watching girls come and go, waiting. And I felt like the longer I sat there, the more I was being judged. I was hardly the only girl who didn't have a full set of invites, heck, there were girls who had gotten completely dropped (mostly grade risks), but it was hard to feel confident while you’re sitting there, waiting.

Finally, it was time to meet Sweet again. The active I was paired up with was friendly, spoke confidently, and gave off a vibe that I would have found relaxing if I wasn't making comparisons to the ever-enthusiastic Rourke. We spoke about the sorority’s philanthropy, which is near and dear to my heart, and included a video that made me cry. I can’t give away any details, as it would give the sorority away, but I can tell you that I was passionate about both Rourke and Sweet’s philanthropy.

I didn’t know what to expect for Milo, not after last time. Thankfully, they had the tables set up for conversation - thank goodness - so we could actually get to know one another. I spoke to two actives here, and while they were both friendly, the first I liked, while the second gave me an awkward vibe. It was mixed feelings all around.

After my three chapters out of a possible six, it was time to narrow them down to two. If you had a full schedule, there would be a top two and a bottom four, but all I had to do was "cut" one. Even that was difficult for me. Rourke, despite the awkwardness that had unfolded, was still my number 1. Sweet had been nice, but they just felt so lethargic in comparison to Rourke. Milo had not been for me, round 1, but I did like that one active from round 2. Hmm…

Top Two - Rourke and Sweet
1. Milo - I’d tried to get rid of them before, and while they’d definitely changed my mind about them, I had stronger connections at Sweet.

Satisfied with the thought of having Rourke and Sweet for Pref, it was time to catch a good night of sleep. The big day was tomorrow, after all.