View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

So I signed into my husband's FB account so I could see the discussion for myself.

This stood out to me:

Quote:
Delta Gamma Fraternity
Hi Roselle, something to recognize is that sororities were built during a time in our country’s history when women were just being invited to attend colleges and universities for the first time. While this was a big step, it was not inclusive of all women and was limited to those who were White at most colleges and universities. Because of that, the rituals, practices and traditions of sororities were built upon white ideals and perspectives.
I more than stand by my original comments re: the content in the video I shared. It's freaky to read all of this DG stuff after watching that video.

And, yes, it will also eventually become changing grade expectations because grades are a barrier and so on. That's the way it works.

Eventually, new members won't even experience the same ritual in our organizations. Those, too, will be completely changed and rewritten to make them "acceptable" and devoid of "white ideals and perspectives." At that point, are we even members of the same organization? The ritual and ideals are the things that bind us together through generations. If that's gone, then what's left? A sweatshirt and a bumper sticker in certain colors?

The thought that keeps going through my mind is that if I had something like stock in NPC or individual sororities, I'd be calling my broker to sell.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.