View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
To DGalumna:

No, we would rather have someone here who will actually be affected by the decision. At this point, you won't.

And we expected someone to come over here and expound and try to do damage control because of how horribly some alums were being treated on Facebook. We saw it, having been alerted by some horrified DG alums--no one was treated with respect or gentleness--and no doubt, some will never wear the anchor again.
Again, I acknowledge that some of the posts and comments truly went off the rails but it was not only young alumnae and not only older alumnae as well. No one should be saying nasty things to another sister and I'm not excusing any of them and I'm frustrated and hurt that some of them may very well abandon DG. I don't think anyone thinks that's beneficial to our sisterhood whether internally or externally.

There are still plenty of alumnae, young and old, who have commented in support of this decision. I'm not "doing damage control". I am here because the voice of one of the younger groups of women who are excited to see where DG goes seemed lacking and I wanted to share my thoughts. Clearly this is not wanted here. As for being affected, of course I'm still affected. I was the first woman in my extended family to join Greek life and was looking forward to the day my daughter could share my sisterhood. It's still a possibility! It's just not coming with the same expectations.

But what would I know? I'm obviously just a silly young woman who doesn't understand how the world works anyways. I hope that one of the many alumnae who do have daughters immediately affected by this and were in support of the change thinks to come over here and comment. I hope her reception will be better.