View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUBoosMom View Post
My daughter is participating in Auburn's recruitment this week.

Question: because so many sororities at Auburn are in the same boat (with more legacies going through than they could possibly absorb), do these chapters drop PNMs because they assume they are want to pledge their legacy sororities? Or do they "get" the fact that many of the girls can't join those chapters because it's mathematically impossible?

It never occurred to me to tell my daughter NOT to list her legacy information on her recruitment application.

But then, we're from a different area of the country. Silly, naive out-of-staters!!
While we are not privvy to each of the chapter's selection processes at AU, we cannot tell you. However, I have never heard during membership selection that we should, Drop the PNM because she is a legacy of ABC and XYZ, because she will probably go there anyway. However, if you have a PNM saying, "I'm a legacy of ABC and XYZ and I only want those two chapters", I would encourage the chapter to move on to someone who wants us. We make sure the info is first-hand, though, and not a rumor.

ITA: Also, someone mentioned "legacy poaching". While we don't promote it, if the PNM loves your chapter and you love her, it's always a thrill to get her over the legacy chapter.

Last edited by Benzgirl; 08-10-2011 at 10:42 AM.