View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you active in your alumnae chapter? Yes!
Are you an advisor? I was in the late 80s/early 90s-5 years
Are you part of a chapter's housing corp? TI was a house association board member when I was an advisor to my collegiate chapter
Are you a regional/province/whatever officer? Yes - I am an Area Coordinator, overseeing our alumnae and collegiate chapters in part of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin and part of Michigan. They recently changed the number of "Areas" we have. Prior to that change, I had collegiate chapters in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New York and Massachusetts. This is my 6th year as an Area Coordinator. Before that, I was a Province Director for 6 years and served on the Finance Committee for 5 years before that. I've been around the block a few times I have been a continuous volunteer since January, 1988.
Are you a national officer of some sort? no
Something else? (Borrowing from Doctor D here): In Alpha Gam land we can be awarded the Honors of Epsilon Pi - given for faithful and continued service to the fraternity at any level. This honor is akin to a badge guard, and in fact takes the place of our chapter name guard once awarded. It starts with the Arc, which is given for 5 years of service, followed by the Arc with Diamond, Arc with Diamonds, Arc with Diamonds and Pearl, Arc with Diamonds and Pearls - each given for a minimum of 6 years service after the last Arc received [so if you wear the Arc with Diamonds and Pearls, you have been volunteering for at least 29 years]. I currently wear the Arc with Diamonds, which means I have at least 17 consecutive years volunteer service since graduation [I actually have 22 years].

Like DoctorD, some of my closest friends are Alpha Gams from all over the country who I have become close to through the years as a volunteer. I was chatting on FB with my first college boyfriend (TKE) on Tuesday night and told him I was so glad I'd gone out with him because HE was the one who inspired me to go through rush. I told him I have no idea who I would be today and what I'd have done all these years without my Alpha Gamma Delta sisters because Alpha Gam is so tightly integrated into my life.