Thread: Fraternity Life
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I think the voting took place earlier also -- I just think that MTV chose to edit it that way to keep the suspense up. Doesn't matter though - to some people, race will always be a factor, even when they are staring you in the eye and bitching that it shouldn't be. I don't think that the shade of his skin kept him out - I think it was clear from the start (based on what we saw) that he did not value the fraternity enough to work for it. He was lazy (how many times did they have to drag him out of bed), disrespectful (girls in the house, answering the phone during the pledge exam, etc.), and he never showed initiative. And hell yeah, not doing well on his pledge test IS a big deal -- if he didn't care enough to learn about his history, how can he continue to improve the fraternity as a brother?

Earl worked his butt off -- yes, he NEEDS some serious anger management -- but you could tell that he loved the fraternity and that he was willing to do what he needed to do to get in. The one thing that he REALLY got pissed over, and supposedly "disrespected" a brother over was because they TOOK HIS CELL PHONE -- that is wrong as hell. That is PERSONAL property, not SXO property - they don't pay his bills. And his grandfather was sick to boot -- I was pledging when my grandfather was near death, and I worried night and day about being in contact with my family about it. If someone woulda told me that I couldn't have my phone, it woulda been over right there and then.

And dumba$$ George on tv saying "he was using his cell phone way too much for personal reasons" was beyond STOOPID. Earl paid for that phone, and the service, and it was HIS to use. Nobody came down and took STEVE's phone away during the PLEDGE EXAM. Now THAT is shady!!