View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Cuts are hard. About the only advice I could offer is that she should make the absolute most of the invitations she received. After all, she could have gotten completely dropped.

She should take the opportunity between now and her next round of parties to research the three groups she is visiting so that she can ask pointed and specific questions about their history, programs, etc. This will impart her interest in the groups and also make her stand out as someone that is genuinely interested in their organization.

I'd say if the cuts continue, that she needs to evaluate her grades and activities and how they compared to the other women going through recruitment. If there is a question as to her academics, etc., she should work hard on grades this semester, and select one or two activities on campus where she can really shine (and if possible, interact with GLO members), then try for informal recruitment in the spring.

Good luck!

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.