View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTLonghorn2012 View Post
Yes. IFC said that it is entirely up to the individual fraternities who they admit to their parties and that the rush website would be up later in the year. Rush does not officially start until late August, according to IFC, but "officially" was pronounced as though it were italicized.

As a general rule, most places that have a website tend to put all the information they want you to have on the internet. IFC has official policies and then from what I've seen the fraternities have different rules of their own. Rush "officially" starts in late August, and theoretically you should be able to walk up to a house and meet the guys and get a bid. But from what everyone except IFC is telling me, that is not the case.

Which is why I came to this site, because I was hoping to get responses from people who are a little closer to the way the process actually happens.
Dude, I gotta tell you.......let the websites go. Second, we are IFC, the fraternities. Members from our houses make up IFC.......so you shouldn't be getting one thing from someone like me and another from IFC.

I've told you everything you should know. Yes, technically formal rush is in August. However, most houses are going to start way before that, especially during the Summer. That's why it is important to go to rush events and be around during April, May, June, and July.

As far as getting a bid, that is incorrect. You shouldn't expect to walk up to a house, meet people, and get a bid. It takes a little more effort than that. We don't just hand them out to everyone that walks through the door.

Do you have any friends in houses here? Do you have any friends that know people in houses here? That will help you tremendously.