View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I am also confused as to why you would want to disaffiliate at this time as you can choose to be as active or inactive as you want to be as an alumna. I was initiated in 1964, a loooong time ago, and still remain in touch with several of my sisters. But right after graduation, we all pretty much scattered to the four winds and the four corners of the earth. Add in marriage, children, career, and all the other adult demands that come with being a young adult, most of us weren't active alums while we were establishing ourselves in our new roles and living far away from each other.

When our university's centennial rolled around some 20 years later, a pledge sister and I decided to organize a reunion for our pledge class and others before and after ours. We had a BLAST catching up with each other, and it was almost as if we hadn't had this hiatus at all. We sat at the football game with the adorable actives, and some guys from the school of the opposing team even tried to pick me and one of my sisters up LOL! (Lights were rather dim and they obviously had been drinking. LOL!) We had a large slumber party and felt like we were right back living in the house with each other. There was another small gathering on the opposite coast from where I live and was not able to attend. However, those who did thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was not long after that that our national contacted me to serve as rec chair for the southern part of my state, which I was happy to do and got involved again. I continued with that until DH and I retired and moved here. Someone had written a rec for me, and I was happy to be able to pass that on.

Your sisterhood is for life! I remember singing as an active "Chi Omega, yours forever, ever more to be..." That has certainly been the case for me and for tens of thousand others. As a recent graduate you may not feel that now, but you have a lifetime ahead of you.

Chi Omega