View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I think that there are probably more women at Bama (and other similar schools) than we realize who enjoyed doing formal rush and that sort of recruitment who may have just had bad luck - getting paired w/ a sister they had nothing in common with, missing a party for this or that reason - and didn't get a bid because of that. At a smaller school they could probably rush again and get a bid - to a top chapter - and be a great member. But at Bama those top chapters can have classes full of freshmen without having to consider anyone else so that's not going to happen. Those are the kind of people they want to get in a colony - who are on a par w/ any other sorority member there but "fell through the cracks."
But the number of women who see recruitment through and don't get bids is really tiny and you have upperclassmen/person quota so actually you could re-rush at Bama more easily than at the rest of the SEC, I think.

I'm certainly not saying that the colonies won't be successful. I fully expect them to be and I think that the groups expanding there will understand what they need to do.

I just see recruiting after formal as being harder than participating in it and I wondered why it happens like this.

Last edited by UGAalum94; 07-23-2008 at 12:44 PM.