View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
Aren't we glad they are set to expand with two groups soon?

Wow.

Can I hijack: why don't they do the expansion recruitment during regular recruitment at Alabama? It seems like it'd be a lot better to recruit girls before regular recruitment might have somewhat disappointed them. I know there's a presentation, right? Why not do the whole thing?

I'm just thinking that starting recruitment after the groups have bid 1400 women doesn't leave that many women who are interested in being Greek in the pool.
Theoretically, there will be people who drop out because they are interested in the colony, plus there will be women who have been cut. I wouldn't be surprised if there are rushees who are even less open minded about the groups because they figure "I can join a colony and make it my own and not have to put up with these jagoffs judging me." Of course that's not the whole case.

Plus, if you go from regular recruitment to colony recruitment, it's a little jarring, and not all the women will get it. A sorority at my school attempted to do this with alumnae doing the rushing and I think it laid your basic egg.