Thread: House Chores
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjuchno View Post
So for next year I am the House Manager aka RA for my sorority house. On my campus, we have a greek village made of 7 houses that the university owns. With the university owning the houses, we have weekly housing inspections. This leads to having a chores system that the girls in the house must do so that we can keep our house clean and so the university doesn't fire me.

So what I'm asking for is some help if anyone has been in the same situation, and if you have been, could you suggest a possible chore system? Our current one is confusing and our house is always a mess. The areas that we are responsible for cleaning are: first floor living room/dining room, kitchen, and basement.

Thank you so much for your help!

Rachel XΩ- ΞΔ
As far as what AOIIAngel said, it really depends how much the house is used by all the members. If we had tried to foist "house chores" on women who lived off campus, it would have never worked. Just make it known that if anyone who doesn't live in comes over and cooks or anything, they have to clean up after themselves immediately.

How many people total live in the house?

Maybe break it down to:
Dusting - first floor
Dusting - Basement
Mopping or Vaccuuming - first floor
Mopping or Vaccuuming - basement
Mopping - Kitchen
Clean stove and sink - Kitchen
Clean fridge (i.e. just throw out old food) and wipe off tables and countertops - Kitchen
Everyone does their own dishes, unless you have a dishwasher - then just have everyone put their stuff in and run it once a day at the end of the day.
Also have a "free week" and make sure everyone gets one at least once a semester.

The bathroom is usually the worst so be thankful you don't have to deal with that.

Hope that helped

Last edited by 33girl; 04-11-2010 at 06:00 PM.