View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi Sailorgirl View Post
Yeah, DH and I will have been married a year in October and seriously none of this stuff happened until we got engaged and we dated a year before that happened.

This is awful, but I'm so ready for my parents to retire and move down by us, which is their plan. It will be so nice to show all of DH's family that is what a nice, loving, caring family looks like. Although MIL does like her other DIL, so it could just be me.
It might be you...don't you know, you're not good enough for her baby boy? Here's an article to help you be a better DIL http://psychology.suite101.com/artic...ghterinlaw_101 There's one for mother in laws too. I was >this< close to sending it to mine, but then I figured it would start a sh*t storm in which I would be in the center. Apparently most mother in laws have not heard the saying, "A son is a son until he takes a wife, a daughter's a daughter for the rest of your life." Heck if we want to go biblical, it says something about cleaving from your family too... Ahh here it is: For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." Genesis 2:24

That's funny...my MIL was bitchier before I was the fiancee, but then got nice, and then turned bitchy again right before the wedding, and it's been crap for the last 4 years.

And WC, remember...you marry the in-laws too, it's totally true. Doesn't matter where you live, they can still be a pain in the ass.

ETA: About the quote about sons and daughters, not saying that all girls care about their families, I'm saying a son's priority towards his parents changes when he gets married, or at least I think it should.

Last edited by AOII_LB93; 08-21-2009 at 05:16 PM.