View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
Quote:
Originally posted by PiPhiERDoc
Gamma Phi had a similar one with this funny clapping thing -- no one could get it out of their heads all week!
Sung in rounds...
half singing Gam-ma Phi Be-ta, Gam-ma Phi
And the other half singing:
We are the girls
Who really are amazing
With our crescent and pearls
We are true hearted girls
(can't remember the last line..ugh)

The last line is this:

"and after we're gone, you'll remember our song. We're the... " and everyone joins in the "Gam-ma Phi Be-ta" part.

I don't really remember the words to some of the rush cheers, but one that I always thought was cool was one of Kappas... I can't remember what they say, but they did this cute clapping thing... Oh well.

And i don't remember the cheer either for this one, but it scared me to death to go into the rush room for the first party of Round 1 my freshman year... Pi Phi was pounding on the windows from inside the rush room before us new girls came in... so freaky... they still do it (no offense- it just really scared me because it came out of no where!)

My all time favorite rush song is in my signature, but my other favorite... Two groups of girls sing it... the first sings a line, then the second group repeats it, and so on until the end of each verse... then everyone sings it fast and claps before going on to the next verse...

The cutest girl
I ever saw
Was a Riverside GA-
MMA Phi Beta

Some years ago
When I was new
I went through rush
I was just like you

And then I pledged
My sorority dear
It brought me love
And lots of cheer