View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Banned

Ooooh... I really think four months with the firm is too soon. You already have gotten one promotion and one raise. That's great in such a short period of employment with them.

My opinion: I think you should wait until you at least hit the six month mark from when you started your NEW position... not from when you started at the company. I agree with Alpha Frog's advice. Definately DO make a list of all of your qualifications and achievements. Document, document, document. Keep a little diary and make an entry each time you've done something above and beyond for the firm. This is for your eyes only.. just something to review before you go in for your raise.

I love her idea about the Spanish speaking only advertisements. This will make them money and make YOU more valuable to the firm.

Then, when the time is right.. make an appointment with the appropriate person and tell them that you feel you merit a raise. I think it would be unwise to bring the secretary into the conversation. The raise is about you.. not her. Bringing her up would look like sour grapes. Instead, keep the conversation positive and focused on how valuable you are.

If they tell you no, then ask them specifically exactly what you need to do to merit that raise. Then do it.. and after a few months.. come back to them and show them that you met their requirements. I would also give them a specific figure. Ask for more than what you expect to get (within reason) and be prepared to get something in between.

Good luck!