View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthYear View Post
Hi! I am starting my fifth year at WKU. I am a nursing student and still have three semesters left. I have always wanted to rush but been apprehensive. Now I still really want to but I'm afraid I won't get any bids because of my age and the fact that I only have three semesters left. Any advice on if I should rush or not? I emailed Greek Affairs at my school and she said I should try to rush. I asked an AOPi and she said they don't consider anyone over a sophomore. I asked an ADPi and she said if its something I want to do, I should try it. I'm just afraid I'll go through rush and not get any bids I want or not get any at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthYear View Post
Well I'm actually only going to be taking classes on Mondays and Tuesdays this semester so the rest of the week will be free for work, studying, and hopefully a sorority. I've been afraid to rush alone (none of my friends have any desire to) ever since I was a freshman and now I finally realize rushing without friends may be the best way to gain new ones. I'm obviously still very apprehensive of it, but you're only an undergrad once and my opportunity to even go through rush is almost over. So don't you think sororities would at least listen to that and give me a chance?
Fifth: it works both ways, in order for them to give you a chance, you should give all of the sororities (and not just the ones you want) a chance.

"I am often at my best when things look the worst." -Meb Keflezighi