View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JPowers155 Send a message via Yahoo to JPowers155
Convention Recap

The most amazingly wonderful thing about Convention this year? The banners all along Michigan Avenue in front of the hotel. The entire FREAKING world knew that we were in town! I'll post pictures once they are developed/ put onto disk.

Everyone has already done a big recap of Convention, so I'll just selfishly post the things that I'm going to remember most.

* The Hawai'i Hula @ Living Circle
* Sobbing during Living Circle when it finally hit me that I'm leaving my girls and heading off to do new work for the Fraternity
* Being awarded the Arc of Epsilon Pi - I'm still giddy!
* Watching my girls get up on stage out on Navy Pier and singing with a band. That's what happens when we leave them alone for 5 minutes!
* Hanging out in the lobby with the rest of the Michigan crew and lots of new friends.
* Spending time with an old acquaintance who is now a new friend, and the 3rd of a 4th generation legacy from Zeta Nu.
* Teaching a new generation of Alpha Gams all of the songs that I know, even the ones that aren't so "pure".

Convention is a wonderful, unique experience. I hope that each of you has the opportunity to attend at some point in your life. We're in California in 2006, so start saving your pennies now.

Do I hear a motion for a formal gathering of the GC Alpha Gams during the next Convention?