View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree. The math supports that RFM helps the girls who probably would not have made it into a top tier sorority get into a middle or lower tier who would have, without RFM, been strung along by the top tier and then ended up with no bid from any tier.

It seems like most who get in the top couple of houses are those who are well connected. Having another 20 minute conversation with a few girls from the top sorority on day 2 or even day 3 is not likely going to make a person connected and get them in there. All of my daughter's dance friends who stayed in state for college got into top tier sororities due to their connections. Once someone from a dance studio gets into the top tier, they pull the younger girls in that they used to dance with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Seven of my daughters have rushed, and I have mixed feelings about RFM. On the one hand, more girls are getting bids and the stronger groups are being forced to drop girls earlier whom they would've strung along until pref parties back in the day. These girls didn't get bids and they never knew what hit them because the sororities had seemed to show interest in them.
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsparky View Post
Not realizing that if you didn't make it to the top 50% out of everybody going through to get an invite to the next round, you probably won't make the top 20% when they make their bid lists after Preference!