View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I graduated a while ago and don't really have too much knowledge about gays in fraternaties, but I just wanted to make a comment.

I volunteer with the teen program at my local Library. there is this one guy who comes from a very conservative christian family, I know them and in general like the parents and sibling of this guy but dislike their hatred for homosexuals. This guy who is 16 will treat the 2 guys that he knows are gay like crap. But there are 2 guys who are gay (the teens seem to tell me all their personal issues) that this guys treats like everyone else, ie normal, friendly, ect. I have repeatedly talked to him about his behavior because the teen program should be a place where people feel comfortable and I have explained that he is free to think whatever he likes, but to just ignore the 2 gay guys. I mean, not go out of his way to be mean or rude to them and that he in no way has to be friend with them but treating them like human beings. the big joke in my opinion is that the 2 guys that are gay that have not come out of the closet to him he is good friends with and is really nice too. I have tried to explain his behavior without giving away the 2 "closeted" guys identity. I am sorry, but I just don't understand this behavior from anyone.

If you think that being gay is immoral of wrong or something thats fine, but really it does not mean that you should treat some one like crap because of it, especially since you might not even know what is really going on in someones personal life.