View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

As a sorority woman who is not a Kappa, maybe I can insert a few cents without giving away any big secrets - since I don't know any! Nobody can tell you if you will get in. There's no way, too many variables, too many different campus, Greek, and chapter styles. Juniors at a lot of schools have a rough road through rush. HOWEVER, a fourth generation legacy is something special and I would think they would not cut you willy-nilly.

If I were to provide some suggestions, go in very enthusiastic but not creepy. Make sure every living relative has sent in the legacy, recommendation, letters of support, whatever is appropriate for Kappa. They should know this stuff and if they don't, now is the time to find out! Do NOT go in with any expectations of automatic acceptance because it doesn't exist. Take what you know about sorority life and use it to be the best possible rushee at the other chapters, because one of those may be where you end up.

You will almost certainly get invited back to the 2nd round of rush (some call it the first invitationals). Most if not all NPC sororities do that as a courtesy. If you get that first invitation, again, DO NOT assume you are in. Continue through rush looking for your home and keeping an open mind. Finally, when you go through rush and they possibly fawn all over you because of your legacy status, don't take too much of that. As we've told lots of girls who take heavy cuts during rush, the chapters who are really successful at rush are pros at making you feel really special. Not that you AREN'T special, but when cuts have to be made, cuts have to be made.

Best of luck to you with Kappa or wherever your future sisterhood becomes.