View Single Post
Old 06-22-2002, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

At my school, approximately 1300-1400 girls rush each fall, and we are only second to Ole Miss as the most competitive rush in the nation. Most of the girls who go through are from Atlanta or other large cities in Georgia and are some of the most beautiful college co-eds around. That being said, sorority rush there is sometimes compared to the male "Hell Week" (even though many greek people don't like that word, it happens on our campus at least). Anyways, I had my heart set on a certain prestigious sorority but was cut after 2nd round because a certain girl and I just "didn't click," despite all the other people I knew there who liked me. I ended up pledging Alpha Chi, and although it was not where I ever thought I'd be, it turned out to be a great choice. In the end, the phrase "you'll end up where you are supposed to" turned out to mean something more like "you may not end up where you thought you would, but you'll still end up in a happy place and your life will go on." I've told several younger friends who are about to go through rush at different schools to keep an open mind. Even though I'm not where I thought I'd be, I'm just happy to be in the greek system. It's been a very rewarding experience.