View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillady85 View Post
Thanks for all the tips. Tomorrow is when recruiting starts and I already signed up for it and am going in with an open mind. I just wonder if anyone has any opinions on a small situation.

At my school, I really liked two of the non-NPC sororities (they're called MGC's here). I was at an involvement fair and found our conversations to be clicking. However, would it seem too perky and desperate to go to perhaps one of their informationals on the same night? (Scheduling all this is hard!) I obviously want to go into the NPC ones and see if they are right for me but I don't know what to do. Should I follow my gut instinct and perhaps give it a shot or has anyone else been in this situation and can possibly help?

Thanks! I'll post here how rush goes if that's ok in this thread.
If you can make it, definitely go to the informational. The sororities hold them for the specific purpose of letting you know a little bit more about the individual groups, and by attending you'll let the sisters know that you're serious about going through recruitment.

As long as you're sincere and be yourself, you won't come across as "perky" and "desperate", I promise!

If you want, start filling us in by posting your experience in the Recruitment Stories forum. I love threads with local sororities/non-NPC groups, so I'd love to hear your story. Good luck.

To let my lyre send forth the chords of love, unselfishness and sincerity