Thread: Why Haze!!
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2000, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear Satin,
When it comes to hazing most people don't really speak their minds- Most say what they know the person in charge wants to hear. WHy do people haze when they know it is wrong? WELL!!!! because there are people still willing to be hazed!!!Well, because PLEDGING, not HAZING has a history. Well, because the process NPHC came up to to bring in new members seem a little dry at times- I won't deny that I have seen and heard things uncalled for but... It is up to the individual doing it and the one taking it.
I am not sure how familiar you are with the pledging process, but- ask around and you will find the answers. We need to come up with a common ground and agree of a new way to bring these new members. SOme argue that pleding was abolished because it was not working- well, obviously, MIP is not working either. This whole thing is diving us greek, now we have those who pledged (and worked for their letters according to them) and those who SIGNED. Nothing can be done to stop this.
People pledge knowing that it is "wrong" for the same reason people do drugs, and for the same reason Cops kill. I mean it is open to interpretation. Don't take me wrong hazing and pledging is not the same but, they are like mother and kid- One goes with the other.
I believe that pledging is going to continue. From what I hear pledging is a very unique experience, nothing can be compared to it and it is designed to 'make youa stronger person- TO EACH ITS OWN. I wish I could saymore, but- YOUNEVER KNOW WHO IS WATCHING!!!! HA HAHA!!!
Hope I snwer you question.
OH!!! WE ALL DEFINE HAZING IN DIFF> WAYS!!!!