View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 03:08 PM

WOW. What would have happened if the phone would have been busy and the rep from nationals wouldn't have gotten the call in time? You all would have been initiated, and that would REALLY have sucked! (Although I would hope in such circumstances the sorority would release women and let them pledge elsewhere.)

My chapter was closed halfway through a pledge period. The night the girls accepted their bids, the active sisters were very honest with them and told them they were on probation for numbers and could possibly close, and they would release them if that was something they didn't want to take on. They all decided to stay. I'm really proud of my sisters for doing that.

The kind of probation is a big factor. If a chapter's on probation for risk management issues, I believe rushees should definitely know that, just for their own safety's sake. deltagrandma's situation, though, sounds like it was more numbers based. The fact is, if you're hoping a pledge class will "save" the chapter, you might as well hope for Santa Claus. Chapters very rarely get turned around during formal rush, they get turned around the other 360 days of the year.