View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

You know, my hubs actively mocks Greek Life. He and his brothers have ever since I first met him many, many years ago. HOWEVER, he loved my sisters, drive 7 hours to every formal and semi-formal event, date party, etc. He rolled his eyes, but joined in on all of the “special Theta stuff” we did at the wedding. In fact, all of his brothers also married sorority girls.

Fast forward to now. He STILL teases about Greek life, but he is the first in line to help at the Daddy-Daughter Tailgate, opens his checkbook for every fund-raiser at our daughter’s house and proudly wears his Theta Dad shirt—because his daughter asked him to.

You see, the hubs placed people abover his personal value system/insecurities. We are only hearing a part of your story right now. It could be a heart-to-heart could help your situation or it could be that this is an abusive situation. Real men won’t try to isolate you, make you choose them over other things in your life on a consistent basis or mock you for your values. It’s just something to think about...