View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

"Sasha", my neighbor, texted her mom this morning that she had 14 invitations back this morning. We are breathing easier for about 24 hours! Obviously Sasha is not her name---this was my favorite cat!
From my own college days at a large university, I know that the first days of recruitment can be a roll of the dice as to some of the pnms. If you are not identified from your recs and record as a pnm of great interest, you fall into the "let's take a look and see how it shakes out with the numbers" category. I think that upperclassmen in particular have a burden. They have been in college for at least a year, and their record there is examined. If their participation on campus is not really good, that is a mark against them, and the grades have to be stellar. They not only have to stand out in the crop of pnms going through, they have to compare favorably with the upperclassmen who are already members--and they are the ones deciding! We pledged only one or two sophomores a year. This is not to say that an upperclassman should not go through recruitment, but it is to say that they must be very very realistic as to their grades and record on campus.