Thread: "Tent Talk"
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia
Some facts are verifiable, such as "this house has many honor students". But others are just junk you should not listen to, such as "this house dresses you in plastic bags and circles your fat". And yet others are rather positive, but trickier to confirm, such as "they are very prim and proper" or "they are very athletic".
This is the aspect I think would be difficult when it came time to planning a program on the so-called myths. Some of the reputations (whether negative or positive) are what they are simply because they've been earned. Meaning, XYZs really do only take girls with 3.8 GPA or higher, or ABCs are all overweight, or every homecoming queen for the past decade has been a QRS. It would be wrong for the program to insinuate to PNMs that everything they hear is false, when we all know that some of it is very true.

Don't get me wrong, I think a program would be a good idea, it'd just be hard to find a way to dispell actual myths while at the same time not dispelling actual (and maybe deserved) reputations.

Or, maybe it would be good to try to dispell all (true and false) reputations. I don't know.