View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGD-GRAD View Post
Fannie Flagg's new book, "The Whole Town's Talking"--so far it's delightful--full of detail about life in the South, very much like "Fried Green Tomatoes" and Flagg's other books.
This chronicles the founding and founders of Elmwood Springs, MO. The catch is that much of the dialogue comes from Still Meadows, the town cemetery! It reminds me a bit of "Spoon River Anthology".
It's hard to put down!
LOVE Fannie Flagg! I recently finished The All-Girls Filling Station Last Reunion. I so enjoy her reading style. My mother used to say that she writes in a similar style as Maeve Binchy, only Southern as opposed to Irish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
American Heiress by Jeffrey Toobin.

About Patty Hearst.

My older brother knew some of the players in this story. If you're interested in what was happening at that time in the SF Bay Area, it's a good read.

ETA: PGD-GRAD thanks for the recommendation on the Fannie Flagg book. I've requested it! Sounds fascinating.
My brother actually met Patty Hearst when she was being held near Penn State. He felt sorry for her. I may have to check out American Heiress, too!