Thread: I Don't Get AI
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 06:10 AM
GreekChat Member

AI will never be a subsitiute! How can it be?

Let the AI seekers think that and because they do - it will never matter what they read here. They are not the people needed for AI! That is why it is up to orgs to be ever so selective in the AI process.

I think what we need to do is encourage all of the young ladies presently in orgs and also alums to keep on the mentality that membership does not end when you graduate. If we do that the topic of AI will probably vanish over time. Maybe programs need to be put into place during membership about retention after graduation and why it is so very important to the future of our orgs.

It is all about numbers of alums, volunteering, and of course money that keeps these organization strong. They can't make it without all of that and just the collegiates can't keep it strong enough. We need to retain "active" members upon graduation on all levels. I believe this is why AI has come into play these days. (Just my opinion)

So, IMO, if we do better and support more in numbers on all levels I do not feel we would need AI.

I mean take a moment to google for an alum group near you that can help future PNMs out. If you can't find one easily or there isn't one near you we need to step it up. If you seek a group out and they don't contact you back something is really wrong. We all need to do what we can and gather other amazing women to carry on the greatness of the orgs. Ask yourself how many sisters in your house your four years of college are really involved in the org now? This creates a picture of how much support an org may have nationwide. I know orgs need post collegiate help and they need funds. This is the key to stay strong and it opens the door for AI.

Last edited by baci; 09-09-2009 at 06:29 AM.