View Single Post
Old 10-20-2001, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

ThetaLove-According to my daughter, you do indeed have wonderful girls in your sorority. They impressed her right from the start. She said there is a lot of friendship between your two chapters.
Juniorgrrl said in the end, everyone ended up with quota. I believe one achieved it through snap bids, but I could be wrong so I don't want to say. By now, everyone seems to be into the swing of things so all's well that ends well! Next rush, you KNOW there will be tons of girls with questions who will need your help. Southern Rush is a different animal. Congrats for finding a home you love as well!

mmcat-HI! My sweetie is so happy. Now that the sororities have dropped their "rush" faces, some comical situations have occurred. Yes, some of those stereotypes seem to be valid in isolated cases. She is over at the house constantly and can't wait for the chance to move in. The mixers are fun, but she really likes the independent guys better(so far).
Acacia is one of her favorite fraternities (but they still have some others to mix with), she has found a few to be dull or full of themselves. These are generally the Fresh. and Soph. guys though.
I told her there are two times when fraternity guys CAN be unbearable, first when they pledge-they buy into reputations of their own organization, perception of Greek Life and sororities. Next is when they are newly initiated-Dang do they think they're "hot stuff" for a while. I guess that's the end result of a good pledge program though.
She is able to balance a Greek life with having independent contacts. THIS WAS IMPERATIVE. She also has close friends in KKG, Phi Mu, Theta, KD and ZTA. The bottom line-and I'm sure it's the same for ThetaLove and just about everyone else, she couldn't imagine herself anywhere else.
I do get a bit concerned about the party atmosphere, but that's part of learning too. Grades are really good so far but it's a long road and she's just at the begining. Thanks so much for asking.