View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Had to drop because of grades - what's the next step?

During the last week, I participated in COB with a sorority. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure about the academic requirements and learned from the office of Greek life that I couldn't join because of my GPA which was under the minimum requirement for all sororities. I informed the president about the chapter about this, and she seemed genuinely disappointed. I said I would try COB next semester in the fall, and she seemed very receptive to the idea.

For the rest of the semester, I will continue to be involved on campus and keeping my grades up. I also feel like I should write the recruitment chair an email to let her know about my plans for COB. Would this be ok to send?

[Chair],

I did not get to meet you during the time I participated in COB. I had a great time meeting all of the sisters and hope that they had just as good of a time.

Unfortunately, I learned from the Office of Greek life that my GPA did not meet the minimum requirements to participate in Greek life. This is understandable.

However, [president] encouraged me to participate in COB next semester. I would definitely try this out if the chapter is participating. Would you mind putting my name down for this? I would love to see you all again next semester.