View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Didn't get my first choice

I can relate to all those people who didn't get their first choice. I went to college not knowing much about sororities but knowing I wanted to be in one. I did know a girl in high school was a Gamma Phi, so they instantly became my first choice. I also knew two girls who were Pi Phis, I didn't know those girls as well as I knew the Gamma Phi, so I decided I liked the Pi Phis, but didn't put as much effort into being there as I did at the Gamma Phi house.

On the last night I was down to three houses, Pi Phi, Gamma Phi, and A o Pi. I didn't love A o Pi, so they were a solid number three. I did feel more love for Pi Phi at the final party, but I was set on Gamma Phi, and they always seemed to like me. I had that high school connection, so I figured I was in for sure.

Imagine my surprise on bid day when I opened an invitation from Pi Phi. My first reaction was, "Oh, how did that happen." And on top of it, it was my birthday. My first birthday away from home. How do you not get your first choice on your birthday?

When I got the house for the bid day party the first girls to greet me were the girls from my high school. I started to realize they really wanted me. I went on to meet more great girls and of course fell in love with the house. I became chapter president and have been alum club president twice. I realized that while I didn't make the right choice someone was looking out for me and put me where I needed to be.