View Single Post
Old 09-20-2015, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to rileykae
Round Two

Round Two: Philanthropy

Rounds are done in 40 minutes with breaks in between. Dress attire is ‘snappy casual.’ I ended up wearing my mint drape top, black cardigan and my black dress pants. For makeup I just did brown eyeshadow and raspberry lipstick, nothing too showy. I wore the same jewelry as open house night.
After check in at 4 PM, I again waited in the gathering room for the rest of my group and my Gamma Chi. When the rest of the group got there, she handed us our schedules for the philanthropy round. All three had invited me back because my GPA was at or above their requirement for membership. Going into the actual rounds when they started at 5, I held my head high and walked into the room with an open mind.

Sam: Hearing Sam’s girls talk about their philanthropy really struck a chord with me because someone in my family is affected by the disease their philanthropy does research for. Being so, I was somewhat familiar with the events they participated in, but I still learned alot. Walking in, I immediately felt wanted and a connection with these girls. As I talked to six different girls one on one, I really got deep into their philanthropy efforts and the things their sisterhood did for fun. Alot of the girls seemed very surprised and humbled by the connection I had with the philanthropy and the work I've done. The atmosphere was constant and businesslike, while still allowing for a good laugh or teary eyes when the topic warranted it. I think, walking in and taking to the girls, I had the moment most sorority girls talk about - I think I found the group I can be at home with. I know I definitely want to rank them for pref. Ranking will come when the round ends.

Dean: Hearing Dean’s girls talk about their philanthropy and again the leadership opportunities the sorority could present, the atmosphere was warm and laidback. I talked to three girls. Conversation was group oriented again - was hard to get to know people that way I thought. Got to talk slightly more about me and why I wanted to go Greek, though I still don't feel as connected, but this was because it wasn't one on one. Really like the philanthropy and what they stand for, lots of emphasis on leadership and through the year opportunities - bake sales, volleyball games, helping other greeks with their events. Sorta felt left out during group when everyone was talking and I didn't have anyone talking to me until I grabbed a girl for one on one for a few minutes. Overall not sure how I feel about Dean, though I'd still really like to give them another shot, possibly for perf. Ranking will come after the round ends.

Castiel: Hearing Cas’ girls talk about their philanthropy, I knew a few people personally affected by the disease that their philanthropy advocates for. Personally i don't feel as connected to their philanthropy.The atmosphere was relaxed and easygoing, a bit more intimate than the others because they're smaller as a group. I talked to four different girls, but really didn't feel like I connected with any of them, they really went on tangents and kinda of forgot I was there. The fact that they taught us a chant before we left kinda turned me off, though I joined in by the end. Ranking was right after this round.

After this round, I filled out my pref card, and chose Sam and Dean tied at first and Castiel at second and then went home for the night. Preference is tomorrow, and I can’t wait to see who invites me back!