View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello, displeased to begin with this........

Hello,
I am a new member of a fraternity, a freshman, and have realized I want to continue my studies elsewhere. I entered the fraternity very optimistic, I asked members about where the chapter stood in grades and involvement on campus. I was lead on to believe were the best in grades on campus and seemed involved because our president that semester had been the only member heavily involved on campus. All that being said besides a select few good friends I made, everyone in the chapter is very standoff-ish and is not involved only ever wanting to drink and never attend events involving the entire greek community. Not to mention an entire older class did not make our grade requirements this semester. Overall the entire environment of the chapter is very un-healthy and when I transfer I want a fresh start. It has also come to light to me that the my fraternity is on my new campus and has a similar if not the exact same reputation. Following a release from my current fraternity and possibly explaining my situation to a new fraternity I may rush at my new school would I be considered to be given a bid?
Thank you,
I would like to apologize in advance because I know this is a very sour topic.