View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

thecon -- I don't know how it works at your school, but when I was in school, we did Spring recruitment, and picked up some exceptional girls because we were "mid-level" and the "better" sororities weren't recruiting and we were their last chance at Greek life.

Not to get back on my First Generation at College soapbox, but I think there are a lot of fantastic girls out there who come to college without knowing much about Greek life who realize later that they'd like to get involved, but they're somehow considered "too old" because they don't come from generations of Greek life and didn't go through right at the start of their freshman year. Our Spring classes were often higher-quality girls than our Fall classes when when were competing directly against "top tier" sororities.

We were also lucky enough to pick up one or two fantastic snap biddees who had dropped from recruitment for family emergencies (rather than disappointment with their returns). And we had a talent for attracting girls who were not beauty queens, but had very charismatic personalities. By the time I graduated, all these factors made us into a strong organization that made quota. It only takes a few good classes.