View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 02:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Recap of rankings:

Zeta (down to earth, had good conversations with 2 of the girls)
Gamma (everyone’s favorite, had an amazing time, might have been a little too nervous)
Delta (struggling chapter, good conversation, felt indifferent about it)
Epsilon (heard rumors of bad reputation, wasn’t sure of the sister’s thoughts of our conversation)
Beta (“Cheerleader Chapter”, didn’t know if their personality fit with mine)
Alpha (considered a “better” chapter, two awkward conversations, left a little disappointed)

When I got my invite list, I was extremely nervous. It seemed like I had been waiting forever to see it, but I still remember pausing and taking a deep breath before I looked at it. I finally glanced at it to see...

Zeta
Delta
Alpha

First, the chapters that I wasn’t invited back to... I wasn’t too surprised that Gamma wasn’t on there, but I was still a little disappointed that they weren’t listed. I didn’t really mind either way if Epsilon invited me back. I wanted to meet more of their sisters to see how they truly were, but I didn’t get a chance to do that. Beta I wasn’t really surprised about at all. Again, everyone was very nice, but I just didn’t seem to fit in.

As for the chapters that I was invited back to... I was very excited to see Zeta back on my list. I wasn’t too surprised that I was invited back to Delta, and I wanted to see where things went during the next round. Alpha was kind of a shock. I guess that maybe my answers in the awkward conversations were good ones. But either way, I figured it can’t hurt to go back and try again.

I thought it interesting that I was left with one chapter that I was really excited about, one that had me guessing how I felt, and one where I left feeling a little disappointed. I figured this next round would give me a better look into the three of them.

Round 2:

Zeta - Once again, I had an amazing time here. I was paired with a different sister than the last time and we got along very well. We worked on the philanthropy project together, and their national philanthropy meant a lot to me for personal reasons. Another sister and PNM sitting next to us joined in on our conversation and we were all having a great time. We all started talking about movies, and most of us liked the same ones. We were quoting lines from them, and laughing hysterically, and everyone around us was looking at us like we were crazy. I also really liked the PNM, who was one of those people that you just click with automatically, and I kind of hoped she ended up being my sister no matter which chapter we joined. I left here feeling really good about my chances of being accepted by this sorority.

Delta - I was paired with a new sister this round. This time I was able to talk to her one on one. Our conversation started off a little slow, and I thought it was going to be torture talking to her. I noticed one PNM near me who was clearly not interested at all in talking with the sister she was paired with. It was heartbreaking. The sister was trying so hard, but the PNM was practically rolling her eyes at her. I was already feeling so-so about this chapter, but I still wondered why everyone was treating them so poorly. Anyway, the sister I was paired with started asking the basic questions and the conversation was slow. At one point, though, she mentioned that she used to be on a fencing team (random, right?) ... but I LOVE fencing. I was also very interested in learning more about their philanthropy. I knew very little about it and I wanted to know more about how they help with that cause. I was feeling a little better about this chapter than I was in round 1, but I still wasn’t completely convinced that this is where I was meant to be.

Alpha - I wanted to see what this house had to offer in round 2. I was paired up with a new sister, and we seemed to get along ok, but the conversation wasn’t really flowing. I found out that she had just recently joined the chapter, and I figured she didn’t have much experience with this whole recruitment thing. I know that sometimes it’s difficult for me to talk to new people as well, so I didn’t completely hold it against her at that point. But another sister came over and talked with us for a bit and she was great. I think she opened up the conversation a little between the first sister and I, and the three of us actually really seemed to be enjoying each other. And Alpha’s national philanthropy was something that I could see myself working with very closely. I was definitely in a better mood leaving this sorority following this round than the last.

I knew who I was going to rank first, but it was a toss up between 2nd and 3rd. I finally just wrote something down and hoped for the best...

Zeta
Delta
Alpha

Last edited by GuitarGreek; 03-05-2009 at 02:06 AM.