View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
I'm currently living in the UK (we arrived Summer 2016 and will go home Summer of 2019; we previously lived in the UK from Summer of 2009 - Summer of 2012).

We *LOVE* life here in the UK, but we are only on a 3 year contract, so we know we'll have to go back to the USA when our time is up. Because of the way my husbands work arrangements are made, it's not the same process you are going through - but it sounds like you are on the right track.

It's amazing how different things are - considering we all speak English; but it's all wonderful. :-) There are great travel opportunities, awesome schools, etc.

Good luck in the process and if there are any general moving to the UK questions that I can answer, I'm happy to do so. Will your new work pay for a shipping crate? Make sure you ask about relocation benefits - in general, EVERYTHING is so much more expensive here.