View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

kkgdgmom - your daughter does, in fact, sound like a wonderful young woman. Although it may not feel like it, really and truly, GC members do sympathize with your situation. We have just seen these situations occur so many times (many of us are advisors, national officers, or very involved alumni) that we know there are some very consistent scenarios that occur when a girl is cut heavily. I think if you will read carefully, most of us are guessing (and it's a guess, obviously) that the out of state factor was a biggie for your daughter and that she was, quite simply, overlooked. Mentioning the worst case scenarios (less than flattering things a pnm can do to hurt herself) is not meant to hurt your feelings. These things do happen - but we don't know a thing about your specific daughter.

I hope your daughter at the other chapter has been able to help you and your freshman daughter come to terms with what has happened. I can imagine, as a member who has been in the 'inside,' that she could be of great help in working through the disappointment and possibly figuring out what went wrong. At the very least, I am sure she understands how crazy and unpredictable rush can be. Of course, that is not much consolation at this time.

I hope that your daughter has a good year at school and finds her niche, wherever and whatever that may be.