View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 09:37 PM
kkgdgmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhiAnna View Post
Oh, I absolutely agree. One of the things on my list was being shy, which I think is the far more likely case than any of the "slut/stuck-up/crazy story" scenarios. The problem with being shy is that it rarely makes the person disliked by sisters, but it rarely makes them memorable, and sometimes if they aren't memorable they can easily fall through the cracks.

I think the majority of girls who have bad rushes are probably shy or reserved, which is why they usually shine through COB.

Most of the "extreme" items on that list, IMHO, occur rarely. But when a mother comes on and says, "my daughter is the most outgoing person in the world, modeled for Victoria's Secret, found a cure for the common cold and spent a year living in Tibet helping the poor and got dropped by all chapters" you have to wonder. Maybe she is not as outgoing or stunning looking as the mother believes, but if she is then she probably did something very extreme to not get invited back to ALL (!) of the chapters.

I can totally see a shy girl falling through the cracks even though she is a great person. But I have a hard time believing that somebody who reportedly has such a great personality, stunning looks, great grades and extracurriculars, etc. can truly "fall through the cracks"...if all the claims are true then there is usually something else to the story.
I wasn't going to get back on and add anything additional to this but what the heck. I know it sounds far fetched. But my daughter is everything that I presented in previous posts and more. You can actually google more than 6 pages of her accomplishments (I am not making this up), and yes her sitting sister is at another college in the same state, not only did she receive a ride to the school where she is currently a freshman, but she received several monetary humanitarian awards that she donated back to the organizations that she volunteers for... She was voted both most likely to succeed and the friendliest by her senior class. I guess the only thing that she has against her is' that she is somewhat shy when in a new situation (but what person isn't), she was a varsity cheerleader all through high school, but opted not to try out in college. So although many of you posters keept trying to find something wrong with her, there wasn't anything really glaring or another story out there. I just wanted to point these facts out. I know she would have made a contribution to any Sorority on her campus. I have to stop reading these replies though, I have better things to do with my time