View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

So I did some research and was able to get my typically quiet ex-suite mate to crunch some numbers with me and explain the financial aid. She told me that if I got aid, at least for her sorority, it would be very little. I'd have to pay everything plus the other fees for t-shirts, big appreciation, and philanthropy paraphernalia. She said the payment plans do help but after calculating everything I'd still have to take out loans to afford membership and the loan debt would be around 15,000 (using the median dues&misc fees range of 2,500 a semester. 2 semesters {$5000}over three years=15000) and I just can't afford it

She was quite saddened on the phone when she told me her advice and it was to consider either AOPII (though she said their dues would be less the first year but increase significantly, in her opinion and assumption) or forfeit being in a sorority altogether.

I'm also very sad because it was something I wanted soo much and I was so excited about but I don't want to be more in debt than I already I am.

Last edited by Fsu2016; 05-12-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Spelling