View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekOne View Post
The move to deferred recruitment has had an impact for kids I know. Whereas, students used to arrive on campus and have an opportunity to pledge right away, by the time second semester has arrived many of the students who were anxious to affiliate in the fall have joined other clubs and organizations. Because they have already found a strong group of friends and feel their schedule is full, many don't see the need or have the time to commit to Greek life. You don't see this conflict in the SEC where recruitment starts before classes begin. This is a stated goal of the administrations who are mandating this and it seems to be working.
I've always felt that if a campus has deferred recruitment, and the claim is that students are finding other outlets in lieu of the Greek System, then the Greek system is doing something wrong. They've got a whole quarter/semester to show the benefits and foundations of Greek Life. If they are doing it right, then there should be a clamber of students trying to rush.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)