View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Rushing as a transfer

So I am a transfer student interested in rushing for a fraternity. My current options lie with University of Kansas, LSU, and possibly UT.

Now, although I am familiar with greek culture (have friends that are greek, and have seen how the rushing process goes, albeit an ACC school - if that matters), I am but a mere GDI and I've never rushed before.

My concerns are that I am a transfer student and that I am now 21 years of age. I won't be graduating for another 2 years, so I'll be 23. In terms of college age, I don't think that's too bad, but I can understand that it might not be seen as favorable.

The concept of top, mid, and low tier is new to me. Where I'm at, I hang with a fraternity that gets a lot of flak for silly reasons, and they might not also throw the best parties, but I find them to be the chillest dudes. So all in all, I'm interested in the brotherhood. That's not to say I wouldn't choose a fraternity that's more popular if given a bid; I would like take advantage of networking potential or other benefits that may come with joining a fraternity, so of course the chapter and popularity may be a factor for me. I do understand that my options are limited, so any fraternity bid is good for me.

I would also like to know of any other requirements or just any general information I can get concerning the rushing process, preferably of those schools, if anyone is familiar.

Thank You