View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

The next red flag I see here is the emotional manipulation. You want to share something great in your life, but because this interferes with having you the way he wants you and his jealousy/lack of trust, he made a power play to emotionally guilt you into quitting. When that didn't work, he came back.. oh well.. no matter that he put you through the emotional ringer, making you question your own actions and values. He's not over it, he's just moved on to Plan B.
Kevin, you just made me flash back to when I thought First Boyfriend and I had had a very rational and peaceful discussion and decided to date other people because I’d be in college for 3 more years and had never seriously dated anyone else. The next time I called him he was sulky, withdrawn etc etc... I asked what was wrong and he said he didn’t really like the decision we made. I said “OKAY, FINE, I won’t date anyone else.” Immediately he was happy because he got his way. Even though I’d agreed through clenched teeth and basically in the tone in which a child agrees to clean their room after being nagged for hours. So from then on I started doing things trying to make him break up with me, which of course had a worse effect on me than him, but that’s another tale.

I just want to once more thank Mom and Dad 33 for holding their tongues about what they really thought of him, because had they not, I probably would have rebelled and married the jerk. OP, that’s another question- what do your parents/family think about this guy?

Last edited by 33girl; 09-29-2019 at 11:08 AM.