View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey2000 View Post
I was at a small out of state school for my freshman year and rushed, pledged, and was initiated. It was awesome, fun, and we're all still on good terms but it was an extreeemely small house (on the verge of losing charter) and we didn't do much in general (relative to nationals).

Fast forward the next year I had to transfer pretty much across the country back home due to family issues and unfortunately the fraternity I'm in does not exist here. I've spoke with them about starting a colony but at this time they are not interested. Having a very positive previous greek experience I decided to check out and attend some rush events here.

My question is, would it be possible to disaffiliate from my current fraternity and accept a bid/be initiated into a different one? I have read thru the threads on it and I do agree with a lot of the sentiments there. I understand some chapters in our campuses IFC/NAIFC would even allow PNMs from other fraternities?

I'm confused, if you read through the previous threads made by other men asking the exact same question as you, then shouldn't you already have the answer?

True and Constant