View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brogamma2011 View Post
Okay, I really do understand where everyone is coming from. I am sincerely sorry that this seemed like an abuse of power/money. The reason I even thought about using our IFC budget is for the part that we lose. Student Senate is so particular. We are given this 1,000 that has certain uses. We cannot give any leftovers to philanthropy. We would if we could. The 400 or so remaining was for food, printing, a contest we no longer sponsor, leftover money from our new officer retreat, leftover money from having speakers, leftover money from Summer Orientation 2011, and leftover money from for apparel. We saved a lot on apparel this year, so we had a lot left over. We don't have any more apparel to buy at all, and we're just going to lose all of it, so I asked and it was fine to buy a shirt to benefit someone else. It had a purpose, whether its official Rho Gamma or not. Let's end this, please, because this blew up way bigger than it needed to be.
We understand that IFC would lose the $400 if they didn't use it. What nobody is understanding is why you didn't use your own personal money to buy a personal gift for your cousin.

Even if the left over money is okay to use for apparel, I'm sure your advisors would explain that it is for IFC apparel, not for a Rho Gamma shirt for an NPC member at another campus.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)