View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
You used money earmarked for your chapter's IFC dues (or worse yet, money from the IFC coffers) to buy a shirt for a woman who has zero connection to your school and nothing to do with IFC recruitment?????
Not exactly. We have 1,000 from Student Senate too, and on June 30 is the last day we can use money from that. We have about 400 left, and if it's not used we lose it. So I asked the other officers and they said it was fine. We have separate budget that comes from chapter dues.

All I asked if it was Okay if she had the shirt. She can wear it over the summer and until summer recruitment. Apparently it's fine since it's not a real organization. Why did I buy a shirt for a girl who goes to a different school? Because I can. Some letters to wear since she can't wear her own. At her school they don't have a name. They just do what a Rho Gam does. They all call themselves Rho Gam's anyway but it's not a official term. So why buy an "official" shirt? I mean, why not? Just wanted to check I wasn't breaking a major rule, and apparently I'm not. Calm down...remember, it's just a shirt with cotton letters. Yes of course they have meaning, but in reality it's just cotton.