View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousfratty View Post
Listen up, I know these guys personally. One was my roommate at the lodge. I know all ya'll like to pass judgment and act like you wouldn't have engaged in this, but odds are you would've. These guys were duped. They were told they would be in a documentary that would never be seen in the states. I'm not excusing their behavior as a majority of it I found distasteful, so much so that I refused to help in their lawsuit. Within months of filming the scene one of the guys had graduated and another transferred out. One of the kids was younger than 21 when this was filmed, however he did present the producers with false identification. sure it created a shit storm for the lodge and it wasn't the best national news for the fraternity as the last newsworthy story regarding Chi Psi involved the death of a pledge due to alcohol poisoning. We all have brothers who have less than perfect judgment and more specifically in the south we all have brothers with a less than PC outlook on society. They wouldn't have said what they said if it wasn't in their heart of hearts. So I can't accept the excuse that the producers encouraged the behavior as valid. It's just a fucked up situation.
And you just bumped a 3 1/2 year old thread and reminded the world of a situation most people had forgotten about. Way to go, genius.